Former Wisconsin wide receiver Quintez Cephus was found not guilty of two counts of sexual assault Friday in Madison, Wis.
The jury needed only 30 minutes of deliberation to reach its conclusion.
Cephus, 21, was charged with second- and third-degree assault. Two women said Cephus sexually assaulted them at his apartment in April 2018, and the two women testified they were too drunk to give consent.
Cephus testified for two hours during the trial, giving his account of what transpired that night. He said one of the women asked him to have a “sleepover” and he took the women back to his apartment.
When they arrived, Cephus said he explained the layout of his apartment and one of the women went to his bedroom, undressed and got into his bed. He then invited the other woman into the room, where she also undressed and got into his bed.
Cephus was suspended from the Wisconsin football team and expelled from the university following the claims last year.
After the trial concluded, Cephus did not say if he would return to the university.